Donate to Jordan’s CX Fund

Thursday, October 11, 2012

House of Crazy!

The title of my post today is exactly how I feel right now, but a good crazy not a bad crazy.
 Once again we had a wonderful weekend with our MSG family and Jordan did awesome in his Cat 4 Rainy Muddy Race. The past four races seem to have what I've called the "Cat 4 Rain Curse" It seems like every time they call for staging it starts raining, and when I say raining I am not talking about a slight drizzle, this is something like what you would feel if standing under a waterfall, but this is Cyclo- Cross and its just not right without rain and mud so we suck it up and deal. J had a great race weekend again and won the Cat 4's races. He was pretty upset because we tried to upgrade to a Cat 3 last week and for days we probably checked USA Cycling website and all we got back was a big fat red PENDING! Not sure why they have to be so harsh, haha I mean this kid asked me every second for 4 days " have they changed it mom? huh?" Finally they changed it on Monday after his weekend of racing. Which was OK, that gave him some more experience under his belt before he moves up. So that was just some of the crazy in my house, the rest was the face that we started the beloved job of tearing his Road Bike down (he's outgrown in already). Not exactly a 30 minute project but he's been really good with having his new Bike frameset sitting in his room for almost 2 weeks and not tore the box to pieces! So when those big brown eyes ask  " Can we PUUUULLLEEAAASSEEE start the process of tearing and building bikes?" I mean what can you say? Originally we were going to wait and leave his new frame in the box because we bought it a little big but since the kid has hit the 6' tall mark this week..... I think we are safe! 6'! I can't believe my 13 year old is 6'! It's like it happened over night! So commence bike build. Then we had what MOM thought was very exciting.......
    Middle School Homecoming. Something that he for the past few years had been to shy to participate in so when he came home and said Ok Mom, I will do it this year I was ecstatic! Shopping for a boy vs a girl is something I am thankful for. He cleans up well considering this weekend he looked like this:


 Two days later he looked this:



   My baby boy is growing up!














 More racing, riding or running this weekend! Can't wait to see our MSG Family again. We have the best group of peeps and everyone plays a role in Jordan's cycling and his learning about being a good team mate. He is experiencing what some people only wish they could and he will become a better person for it.

4 comments:

  1. You've really got an awesome kid! I've really enjoyed getting to know you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Autumn, I had no idea you had this blog, how fun! It's so neat watching your guy grow up, he's doing some great things! And OMG 6'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Megan I think he's pretty awesome~! and you are too~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashleigh, thank you very much. He's growing too fast.

    ReplyDelete