Donate to Jordan’s CX Fund

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hallo-what?

Halloween? What? Haha.... I totally forgot that today was Halloween! After the exciting weekend we had I didn't even think about it. I have withheld from posting because I am trying to avoid being sappy because Jordan is now officially 14 years old, as of yesterday. I am struggling with this, hence the Empty Next post last time so I will move right along to the Race Report.
 We finally had a weekend back with our MSG Family this weekend and did a little birthday celebration for J as well. It was great. He thinks ...correction WE think so highly of our MSG peeps and it worked out well. I ordered cupcakes from Bonnie Kate Cafe in Elizabethton (seriously check them out) and everyone brought snacks and it was just an awesome day.
I mean seriously, who would NOT love a cake with their pic on it doing an awesome wheelie covered in mud?? Thanks Bonnie Kate!! http://www.thebonniekate.com/
 Anyway, so this was to be Jordan's first Cat 3 MSG Race and this kid was SOOOOO stoked! He woke up at 6:30 am and was ready to go. He pushed himself and it showed. He had a nice gap on the rest of the field, but today was SUPER special. He got to race against his Dad. Something he has thought of since he started racing bicycles 5 years ago. They stuck together for quite some time too and then he got a chance to take off and boy did he ever! He led the rest of the race and came in for a sweet birthday win!

It was a little crazy and I didn't get much time to watch everyone else because I was trying to be birthday mom and get cupcakes and snacks together, but I did get to help with bombarding Funny Alan with icing. Too much fun!.....and I got to grab this pic of some great Juniors who I promise you right now will make a major impact one day in cycling. These are four of the greatest kids I know (yes one of them is mine so I guess that doesn't count)

It was an exciting day! Then on Sunday we took off to Boone, NC for Boone-Town Throwdown, and boy was it a Throwdown! I am gonna just say we may not have quantity with MSG but we have quality! AND we have some of the best hecklers around. It was a great day. Nolan, Connor and Jordan decided to ride the Juniors race for a warm-up and it was nice to see them all three riding together.
We did have a big crew and a rider in several categories. Grace did awesome in Cat 4's and Megan.... well she brought it! I am amazed and these ladies and how they climbed the run-up like it was nothing. Jamie totally shouldered the bike like a pro! Funny Alan broke a record with the first ride up of the run up of the day and it was awesome! (ride up the run up?) J rode Cat 3's and he rode hard. He started from the back and worked his way up towards the front but just couldn't catch a wheel. The last lap he had pain in his face, which as a cycling mom is something that is bittersweet to watch. Yes I am glad to see that he's not giving up, but it's hard to watch him and know that his legs are just giving out on him. He finished 21st in a field of 50. Not to shabby for the youngest kid in the race. Everyone else did so well, and I enjoy watching them race. Regardless of how they each feel personally, they are all heros in my book. I mean these people get on their bikes for 30-45 minutes and ride their guts out and don't give up. To me, you are all winners!  I am like a proud mom to everyone.It's pretty awesome to be included in this great group of people. WE HECKLE BECAUSE WE CARE.
Time to pack the cowbells because next stop: Cincinnati, OH for the Cincy 3 Cyclocross Festival!



No comments:

Post a Comment